Cefn Ila Estate, sale catalogue 1918

'By Direction of the Marquise De La Pasture' - More on the Marquise De La Pasture coming soon.

With the sale of Cefn Ila Estate in 1918 thus began the end of the Cefn Ila mansion for use as a private house. It is not know who bought the mansion house on the day of the auction but it may have been Walter Stafford Gustard who's own estate bordered the Cefn Ila estate on part of the northern side. In any event it was W.S.Gustard who gave the Mansion to Pontypool and District Hospital in 1925 for use as a convalescent home to be named after his wife, Kate Ayres Gustard.

Click an image to see larger version

 

Home